Thanks to everyone who has stayed at home during the last few months. We are pleased that we are now able to welcome visitors back to the Ullswater Valley but to protect our countryside and those who live and work here we need everyone to follow some simple guidelines.
Respect other people
- Consider the local community and other people enjoying the outdoors
- Park carefully – don’t park anywhere outside a car park space.
- Leave gates and property as you find them
- Follow paths but give way to others when it’s narrow
Protect the Natural Environment
- Leave no trace – take all your litter home
- Don’t have BBQs or fires
- Dog poo – bag it and bin it
- Keep dogs under control
Enjoy the Outdoors
- Plan ahead, check what facilities are open
- Follow advice and local signs and obey social distancing measures
Useful Links for Planning your Visit
Lake District National Park car park and toilet information: This site lists the main car parks in the valley and whether they have toilet facilities. It tells you how you will need to pay and how busy the car park is likely to be.
Ullswater Steamers: Check here for the Steamer timetable and to book your tickets online.
National Trust: Check here for information on opening times, facilities, car park charges.
Lowther Castle and Gardens: Information about which areas and facilities are open.
Dalemain Mansion and Historic Gardens: Information about which areas and facilities are open.
Stagecoach Bus 508: Timetable for the 508, which goes from Penrith Station to Patterdale.
Arragon Cycles: For information on bike hire.
Summer on the Ullswater Way
As you make your plans why not take a look at Summer on the Ullswater Way – a series of photos, most from previous summers, of the Ullswater Valley during the summer months.
Heritage Trail Leaflet
You may also like to download the Friends of the Ullswater Way Heritage Trail Leaflet which has a map of the Ullswater Way with the heritage installations marked on it.